Friday, December 13, 2013

Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15

I have been wearing this foundation for a few weeks now and i am really pleased with it.  It claims to be a long lasting, full coverage, skin perfecting foundation with "skin smart" technology.   They say that the Amazonian clay adjusts to your specific skin type whether you are oily, dry, or combination.
Well, this foundation is great for oily skin! It keeps me matte the longest and surpasses the MUFE Mat Velvet+ and the Estee Lauder Double Wear in my opinion.  It definitely lasts well over 12 hours (for me anyway) when set with powder.  It comes in 16 shades and is priced at $38.  I find that this foundation covers very well when applied with my Sigma F80 brush.
Although i am loving this foundation at the moment, I have to say not all of those claims have been found true.  The only negative to this product is that it clings to every single dry spot on my combo face.  I moisturize right before applying it and it still emphasizes any dryness on the face.  Maybe i got a defective formula in my bottle but It surely doesn't seem as though it has skin smart technology that adjusts to any skin type, that's for sure.  If you have dry skin I would definitely not purchase this foundation, if anything get a sample from your local Sephora before buying.  
Other than that con, I have nothing bad to say about this product!  I love that even though this is a foundation, I feel like it isn't as bad for my skin since it is Tarte.  It covers well, it lasts, and it makes my skin feel and look good.


Tarte is having a 30% off sale!
use code- DECFF


No comments :

Post a Comment